Only 11% of Africa’s population have their credit information recorded by private credit bureaus vs 17% in Emerging Asia and 79% in Latin America. This, along with other challenges, puts a major brake on consumer lending in Africa.
Indicina is building the technology infrastructure that will power the next generation of consumer credit platforms and businesses. We genuinely believe that risk innovation can unlock the massive African consumer credit opportunity.
About the role
Indicina’s Engineering Team is charged with executing the products that help drive our vision. Today, we are scaling the number of businesses who rely on our products while growing the number of features, integrations and client use cases.
To be successful as a Software Engineer, you should have a working knowledge of software development. Ultimately, the Software Engineer should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming.
- Supporting the software engineers with the design implementation and shadowing their duties to understand the processes more effectively
- Develop and maintain code documentation
- Participate in code reviews and ensure code quality
- Optimize software performance and scalability
- Researching, investigating and fixing a wide range of technical issues
- Collaborating with team members and senior leaders
- Approaching problems and creating solutions
- Proactively learning about new technologies
- Design and implement software solutions to fit our business needs/customer’s requirements
- Monitor live applications and resolve technical issues
- At least 3 years of experience writing code
- Strong experience in Node.js and related frameworks (Express.js, Nest.js, etc.)
- Strong understanding of database technologies such as SQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Competitive salary
- Annual training allowance
- Work Tool + Internet Allowance
- Paid Time Off (20 days plus national holidays)
- Health Insurance
- Flexible work opportunities
- Group Life Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Parental Leave