1.1 Who we are
Indicina is an innovative FinTech provider focused on digitized credit analytics solutions. We strongly believe that deeper analytics applied to the growing pools of data (financial transactions, mobile data, and social media data) can open up new revenue streams for customers and deepen overall financial inclusion. Our core products are Originate- a full-stack platform for lenders to digitize their credit value chain from loan origination to servicing.
Decide is a Financial Analytics API that provides in-depth analysis on financial transactions (bank statements) without relying on just the “generic keyword search method”. It applies Machine Learning techniques to help businesses determine the financial health of an applicant, in order to make informed decisions. Indicina was founded in late 2018 and is led by a managing director.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.2 Personal data
Under the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2.0 How we use your information
2.1 What information we collect
We collect and process the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online jobsite, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills experience that you provide to Us, as well as your video in case you conduct your interview using the Video Interview feature.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
- We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
2.2 How we use the personal data we collect about you
We rely on your consent in processing your personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use.
2.3 Who we disclose your personal data to
We do not disclose, sell or otherwise distribute your personal data to any third party. Indicina acts to protect your personal data and ensure that unauthorized individuals do not have access to your Information by using security measures to protect personal data.
2.4 How we protect your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and the authority of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
2.5 How long we keep your personal data
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for a period of 12 (Twelve) months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you agree to allow us to keep your personal data on file, we will hold your data on file for a further 12 (Twelve) months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed. You will be asked when you submit your CV whether you give us consent to hold your details for the full 12 months in order to be considered for other positions or not.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
2.6 Your right as a data subject
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another organisation in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
We will update the version number and date of this document each time it is changed.